Development and construction management services are an essential part of Lincoln's integrated real estate services. Because Lincoln's development and construction management services are integrated with our other real estate services, we can create the highest value by involvement in the early stages of the project.
Our project management team, which is lead by John Cappellano has the greatest ability to influence the main drivers of cost, strategy, scope and schedule. The earlier Lincoln's project management team is involved the better to affect the bottom-line.
Lincoln has performed with excellence in a wide range of projects including office buildings and corporate campuses, interior fitup, historic renovations, research and development facilities, laboratories and clean room, capital improvements and speculative and build to suit office, retail, and industrial projects and developments.
Development and construction has been our core business for more than 35 years. To maintain our reputation for client satisfaction, we continually refine our project delivery methods and benchmarks to insure that you receive the highest level of quality service at the most competitive price.
- Conduct Client interviews concerning personnel requirements, operations process/work flow, etc.
- Develop general space requirements to summarize Client's project requirements
- Determine scope and nature of project for architectural, engineering and contract recommendations
- Develop a conceptual project schedule and preliminary project budget
Due Diligence and Broker Assistance
- Tour proposed buildings/site with Client
- Direct due diligence inspections on targeted properties, including outside specialists
- Prepare detailed project budget. Budget may include consulting, design, engineering, construction, cabling, furniture and equipment, moving, security, signage, etc.
- Prepare project schedule with milestone deadlines to be achieved
Project Team Composition
- Discuss Strategy for team composition with Client
- Recommend specialized team members in required disciplines
- Issue requests for proposals (RFPs) to architects; engineers; general contractors; furniture, phone and cable vendors; and movers, etc., as required by project/Client
- Receive and analyze proposals based on Client requirements and project needs
- Review and analyze proposals and negotiate into contracts for Client approval and signature
Design and Construction
- Monitor project schedule and budget
- Review design plans and subsequent construction documentation for inclusion of project requirements and opportunities for value engineering
- Prepare and control general contractor bid and contracts process
- Receive and analyze construction proposals and negotiate contracts for Client approval and signature
- Establish periodic site meeting with project team
- Monitor completion of field inspections and advise Client regarding expected award of TCO
- Conduct punch list inspection with architect and Client (architect to issue written documentation) and final sign-off
- Approve monthly requests for payment from consultants and vendors
- Close out consultant and vendor contracts and coordinate delivery of final closeout package
To learn more about Lincoln Property Company's Development and Construction Management capabilities contact:
Senior Vice President
Lincoln Property Company
225 Franklin Street
Boston, MA 02110